Grillo Services delivers sod in Connecticut and Western New York. If you would like to pick up pallets of sod it can be ordered and picked up from our Milford, CT location. Deliveries of sod can be arranged for as soon as the next day in the busy season, but notice of 3 days is appreciated to assure we can accommodate. Call to order: 203-877-5070
Benefits Of Sod
- Reduces greenhouse gases, absorbs carbon dioxide
- Much cooler than rock, concrete, asphalt and artificial turf
- Releases oxygen and cools the air
Sodding is the fastest and easiest way to establish a lawn. We spend a year growing seed into sod so when it comes to your home, it has reached maturity. With proper care, your newly sodded yard will be ready for use in 3 weeks. The average size yard can be installed in hours at a modest cost. Although seeding initially costs less, many costs recur due to erosion, reseeding, over-seeding, and watering. Seed can take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate. Newly seeded lawns take a great deal of time and nurturing to establish into mature, healthy lawn and cannot be used for months.
- Sod is easy to work with and can be used in two to four weeks
- Sod can be installed anytime the ground is not frozen
- Sod uses less water to established than seed
- Seed can take 2 to 3 weeks to germinate
Adds Value To Your Home
A well landscaped house will add to the value of your home. Clean & soft grass is a safe playing surface for children and pets. Relax or romp, nothing beats grass for an outdoor surface.
Because sod is fully mature the day it is installed, it immediately controls erosion. Sod can be installed on steep hills and is used on slopes for stabilization. Turfgrass lawns filter dirt and dust from your environment and eliminate mud. A lawn absorbs carbon dioxide & releases oxygen keeping the air clean & fresh around your home. A lawn also filters & muffles noise.
- Filters dirt & dust from your home
- Muffles noise from your home