Follow Us For Our Latest Posts, Tips, & Exclusive Facebook Giveaways
Buying Topsoil In CT?
Grillo Services has been creating organic topsoil since 1993. We are the pioneers of combining high quality farm loam with our own organic leaf compost to create our topsoil. The result is a very organic topsoil with an organic content of 10-13%. People had never seen anything like it. Sales of our soil quickly took off as word spread of it’s quality.
Quality topsoil must be filled with living organisms. Considering topsoil as alive might seem strange to some. At Grillo Services our topsoil is filled with life. Protozoa, roundworms, fungi, yeasts, and basic bacteria are all working in unison within our soil. Bacteria and fungi act as decomposers as they break down the organic material within the soil. This material is in turn consumed by earthworms and other insects and further broken down.
Benefits Of Organic Topsoil
- High levels of organic matter act as fertilizer for plants without the need for chemicals
- Organic topsoil holds moisture and provides needed water retention, and does not hold too much water like clay
- Organics in the soil help to regulate chemical levels in the soil
- Organic topsoil has excellent tilth which is ideal for growing
- Organic topsoil is lighter than regular soil and allows better aeration